The proposal to apply for National Collection status was presented by Rosie Yeoman on our behalf to the Plant Conservation Committee (PCC) of Plant Heritage and met with overwhelming support.
There was plenty of excitement about your work and the timescale for you getting this to the full application stage.
Rosie Yeomans, National Collections Coordinator & Events, Plant Heritage
- Prepare details for full application
- Bring the plants back to full health
- Propagate cuttings of the most endangered specimens
- Put names to the remaining unlabeled plants
- Setup paper work required for a National Collection to track the plants
- Plan & agree new layout to give the plants enough space to grow